As people who work in communities and nonprofit organizations, we work every day for things we care deeply about. We also worry about how we can make things better when government budgets at every level are being squeezed.
There are many things that we each care about that taxes and government funding makes possible - so, what do you love?
- Could it be health program or food stamps for your clients?
- Could it be a school or community center where young people can learn, feel safe and have fun?
- Perhaps a street light or public park?
As we get proclaim affection and devotion at Valentines Day, let’s shout out some love to things that we’d never get to enjoy, be moved by or make it through our day with, if taxes were not there to support it.
LOVE IT, FUND IT
Tell us what YOU love that taxes pay for-
- Post it on our Facebook page: either type it in or take a picture of yourself with that object of affection. You can even hold a sign that says, “LOVE IT, FUND IT”
Print out a sign here!
- Post it on Twitter (with a link to a picture if you want) with the hashtag #loveitfundit
- Comment about it below this post in the “Add a comment” box!
- Use this opportunity to start a conversation with friends and co-workers about whats important to them, so we can make 2012 a year of more revenue for our communities
We’ll compile your posts and pics in a gallery on www.nonprofitstalkingtaxes.org throughout the month of February. Be sure to check back to see all of great things that are publicly funded! And don’t forget to talk to your friends, colleagues and political leaders about how if you love it, let’s fund it!
Want to learn more about how the California Budget Crisis is affecting your work? Request a free training for your nonprofit staff, community group or faith group, OR attend a free public workshop near you!